The Four Top RV Awnings -- Compare these Critical Differences NOW!
We will analyze 4 top brands of RV awnings. Your RV awning purchase decision is now EASY!
Why do the Best Top RV awnings cost so much?
A major component of the cost of an RV awning is shipping costs. (Lippert, Carefree and Dometic)
A one-piece tube must ship via freight truck.
A multi-section (Aleko or RecPro) tube allows for an entire awning kit to fit in one UPS-able box. The awning is not as strong, is more difficult to install, and can be significantly cheaper.
Will I get everything I need when I order online?
Use care! On Amazon, and many sites, if you look to buy an “RV Awning”, you might end up with just a piece of fabric.
If you are replacing an existing awning on an RV, you will already have an awning rail. This is the C-molding at the top of your wall. So, most RV awnings don’t include an awning rail. (Lippert, Carefree and Dometic)
A Complete RV Awning is composed of 2 components:
A Fabric Roller Tube Assembly
An Awning Arms Set (or Hardware Set)
These 2 components MUST be compatible with each other. Thus, ordering online can be confusing about whether you are truly getting what you need.
The lower-priced ‘kit in a box’ should be complete and often even includes the awning rail.
Can I install it myself?
- Lippert ???
- Carefree of Colorado provides good instructions and manuals on their website, CarefreeOfColorado.com. They welcome DIY installs if you have a power drill and a helper.
- Dometic ???
- Aleko does not get high marks for their instructions or support.
Where are RV awnings made?
Carefree of Colorado, USA
- https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/forms/consumer_1_year_warranty_2017_final.pdf (the “Product(s)”) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of retail sale. We will honor this Warranty for a period of one (1) year from the date of retail purchase.
Carefree of Colorado
- https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/services/support-services-warranty-rv.html One (1) year on parts, labor and standard freight for hardware, fabric and electronics.
- https://www.dometic.com/extranet/documents/awnings_limited_one-year_warranty-_-62291.pdf Limited one year warranty.
- RecPro Awning Assemblies are covered under warranty for a period of 1 year and include replacement or refunds for shipping or manufacturing errors. Shipping damage is covered for 30 days after receiving the product. Make sure to inspect the unit when it arrives for shipping damage. Damage from incorrect use or disregarding the above precautions is not covered under warranty.